Well, you’ve made it. You popped the question and she (or he!) said yes. Now that the hard part is over, it’s time to celebrate. We’ve chosen a few places around Barcelona, specially tailored to the kind of celebrating you and your to-be are looking to do. Don’t hesitate to contact us to help you book a table or help plan your post-proposal celebration.
The Hopeless Romantics
Hotel Neri Rooftop
- Celebrate your proposal in this quiet oasis right in the heart of the Old Town. Tucked away in what is already considered Barcelona’s most romantic square, this terrace is the ultimate in Mediterranean romance. Lay in hammocks sipping celebratory drinks while the dizzying smell of jasmine and romantic candlelight surrounds you.
Café Vienés Jazz Club
- If you’re lucky enough to have popped the question on a Thursday, there is nowhere to go but here. Located in the impressive Hotel Casa Fuster, every Thursday evening this bar turns into a jazz club like you’ve never seen before. Reservations recommended!
- So you and your new fiancé(e) are foodies, you say? Well then look no further than this glorious ode to cuisine, architecture and good taste. A multi-faceted space with a selection of cocktail, oyster, and tapas bars and specialized restaurants, there is something for every taste, no matter how exquisite.
Torre d’Alta Mar
- Undeniably one of the most impressive restaurants in all of Barcelona, this is where you want to take your husband or wife-to-be when you simply cannot help but outdo yourself. A well-earned Michelin star is only one of the reasons to come here – panoramic views, a cable car ride and luxurious atmosphere are some of the others.
Can Paixano aka La Xampanyeria
- Cava is Spain’s answer to champagne, and this tapas bars is dedicated solely to the enjoyment of this golden bubbly potion. Don’t expect a romantic atmosphere here – it’s known for it cheery, bustling atmosphere. You’ll surely find some new friends to raise a toast with here.
- This gorgeous cocktail bar is housed in what once was a pastry and confectionery shop. As you walk through the doors, the 19th century Modernist decor will instantly transport you to a time that once was. Intimate lighting and cozy seating, the atmosphere is perfectly paired with their incredible cocktail menu.
Sunset at Bunkers del Carmel
- With 360º views and the Mediterranean glistening in the setting sun, the hike up is worth it to see one of Barcelona’s most romantic spots. Pack some snacks and bring a bottle of bubbly and celebrate your future with the whole city before you.
- Always bustling and full of interesting characters, Barcelona’s beaches definitely don’t scream romance. They can, however, be the perfect setting to calm your nerves after the big proposal and relax to the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. Bring a picnic and your drink of choice and forget the world around you two exists.
- So you’ve spent the day feasting and toasting to your love, and you’ve still saved room for more? Right in the city center and open late, this intimate club is one of your best bets for partying as a duo. You’ll surely be greeted by smiling faces dancing the night away to funk, soul and if you’re lucky, some really excellent live music.
- They say good things come in small packages, and this house and techno club is no exception. With limited capacity and one of the best sound systems in all of Spain, its intimate atmosphere will keep you and your beloved dancing into the early dawn.